- British Pathé Ltd. British Pathé. YouTube, n.d. Web. 14 May 2014.
<http://www.youtube.com/user/britishpathe> For both re-creations of Wilde’s works and visual access to surroundings…?
- Centre for the Study of the Domestic Interior. Domestic Interiors Database. [Arts and Humanities Research Council, Swindon, UK], n.d. Web. 14 May 2014.
<http://csdi.rca.ac.uk/didb/> Lots of interpretive articles as well as images
- Digital Public Library of America. [Boston Public Library, Boston, MA], n.d. Web. 14 May 2014.
<http://dp.la/> Searching & browsing might be helpful here—buildings, clothes, food, etc.
- Networked Infrastructure for Nineteenth-Century Electronic Scholarship. NINES: Nineteenth Century Scholarship Online: NINES, n.p., n.d. Web. 14 May 2014.
- Google Cultural Institute. Art Project. [Google, Inc., Mountain View, CA], n.d. Web. 14 May 2014.
<http://www.google.com/culturalinstitute/project/art-project> Artworks she might have seen
- Hitchcock,Tim, Robert Shoemaker, Sharon Howard, and Jamie McLaughlin, et al., London Lives, 1690-1800: Crime, Poverty and Social Policy in the Metropolis. Humanities Research Institute. [South Yorkshire, UK: The U of Sheffield], 24 April 2012. Web. 14 May 2014.
<http://www.londonlives.org/> Registration is required, but free content at many levels
- Koninklijke Bibliotheek. Europeana. [National Library of the Netherlands, Den Haag, NL], n.d. Web. 14 May 2014.
<http://www.europeana.eu/> Lovely equivalent of our U.S. Digital Public Library
- Palimpsest: Literary Edinburgh. [Dept. of English, U of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK], n.d. Web. 14 May 2014.
<http://palimpsest-eng.appspot.com/literary-edinburgh> Street view, in arm-chair version; I didn’t play with it long, but it might be a look around
- Publishers' Bindings Online, 1815-1930: The Art of Books. Tuscaloosa, AL: The U of Alabama, U Libraries; Madison, WI: U of Wisconsin-Madison Libraries, 2005-2008. Web. 14 May 2014.
<http://bindings.lib.ua.edu/> For those books she might have read
Also, the two databases that we have that might also be useful for everyday life details would be:
- Social and Cultural History: Letters and Diaries Online. [Alexander Street Press, Alexandria, VA], 2009. Web. 14 May 2014.
- Women and Social Movements in the United States, 1600 - 2000. Ed. Kathryn Kish Sklar and Thomas Dublin. [Alexander Street Press, Alexandria, VA], 2014. Web. 14 May 2014.